Donating to Causes | October 2021
SEEING Positive Impact
We were honored to be an early supporter of Box2Box, an inclusive after school program focused on supporting refugee students and their families. They recently completed their first summer program. Since last we shared, they hosted a back to school bash (including free backpacks with school supplies) and found a home for their student programs at Lexington Leadership Foundation!
We have also been doing some work for them pro-bono, including a full brand identity and website, to help them build momentum as they get off the ground. Stay tuned for more.
Our support for the AdClub’s Page One initiative went towards furnishing the Creative Library for the students at Bryan Station, Frederick Douglass, and Tates Creek, three high schools with the highest BIPOC populations in the county. Check out the final array of books that went to those students, with the hope of increasing access to (and excitement about!) the design and advertising industry.
Over the past few months, we shared our support in a couple of different directions, including natural disaster relief, reproductive justice, and local design initiatives. Click on the links below to explore the positive impacts these organizations are having on their communities.
Disaster Relief in Haiti:
- Locally Haiti – A Haitian leadership advocacy organization in education, agriculture, girls’ empowerment, and community health. They are currently directing all funds towards the August 14th earthquake response (see exactly where the funds are going here).
- Centre Hospitalier de Fontaine Foundation – A Haitian hospital acting in emergency response to the August 14th earthquake. Here is a comprehensive list of their needed materials/where the funds are going.
- SisterSong – Reproductive Justice Collective run by women of color, aiming to improve institutional policies and systems that impact the reproductive lives of marginalized communities.
- Afiya Center – Reproductive Justice organization in North Texas founded and directed by Black womxn.
- Natalie’s Sisters – A drop-in center for sexually exploited women in Lexington, offering food and personal items, meal drop-off, jail visitation, hospital visits, mentoring, and community resource referrals.
- Design It Forward KY – An annual one-day student design competition where students receive a design brief the morning of the competition, and work in teams to create a logo and/or design project that serves a regional nonprofit client.