Wanted: Graphic Designer
We’re hiring a new full-time graphic designer. Note: The position would align with an entry-level skillset, but we’ve found that team members quickly take on more responsibility after joining us, so if you’re an experienced designer, we encourage you to reach out anyway.
This full-time position is in Lexington, KY. Remote work is acceptable, but we’d require working in the office for the first 3-6 months. We can chat about location and workflow, just reach out.
You’ll will be responsible for custom design and production design work. You’ll need to take direction from our creative team, but also partner with them and bring ideas to the table.
You should be able to create on-brand designs starting from the ground up, as well as edit existing designs and take initial work to the finish line. You don’t have to know everything, but a passion to learn quickly and take pride in your work is a necessity, as well as the ability to thrive in a bustling, team-driven environment.
Schedule is flexible but will typically be M-F during business hours, with flexible work weeks being common. Since we have a lot of quick-paced, deadline-driven work, we try to cultivate a flexible, relaxed environment, where the focus is on workflow and individuality.
Click this link to see an overview of our employee benefits.
What to expect:
- Create new designs from creative briefs, project notes and direction from team leaders
- Comfort in working on existing designs from other team members as necessary, including production design
- Comfort in making multiple version of the same design (think different sizes or executions for a campaign, or print/online outlets with different ad specs
- Comfort working on digital design, with basic understanding of UI (only some experience is ideal)
- Understanding of print and web production practices (CMYK vs. RGB, pixels & resolution, aspect ratios and preparing files to print)
- Appreciation of attention to detail, with inefficient revisions kept to a minimum
- Keep up with design & industry trends and implement them into our projects
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to take direction from team leaders and provide info/feedback in a simple, organized manner, across all correspondence
- 1-3 years experience is ideal, but not required
You’ll need to know:
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Font Management
- File Structure & Organization
- Bonus: Experience with Figma, and presentation apps (not a requirement, but we sometimes format content for clients, and it’s nice to know)
Contact us to get the ball rolling.Work with Us