We're looking for a web developer to join our team (and join us for lunch).
This full-time position will be responsible for coding designs and layouts for our clients as well as maintaining our current web portfolio. Development, maintenance and problem-solving for back-end web application(s), server setup, databases and updates to existing websites will be common.
You should be able to build a web presence from the ground up – from concept, navigation, layout and programming to UX and basic knowledge of SEO. Most of our websites will be developed in a WordPress environment, but we do on occasions work in other major CMS/proprietary platforms, or work on existing sites and code we didn’t create. You don’t have to know everything, but a passion to learn quickly and take pride in your work is a necessity, as well as the ability to thrive in a bustling, team-driven environment.
Schedule is flexible but will typically be M-F during business hours, with flexible work weeks being common. Since we have a lot of quick-paced, deadline-driven work, we try to cultivate a flexible, relaxed environment, where the focus is on workflow and individuality.
3-5 years development experience, BS in computer science or related field is a plus, but not required.
Languages & Technologies:
- Basic CLI skills
Bonus skills/experience: Twig, Shopify, System Administration
- Use best development practices to write organized, well-designed, efficient code
- Work with our design team to take flat/static mockups or direction and create complete websites/templates or partial fixes/updates to existing sites
- Appreciation of UI importance and attention to detail, with revisions kept to a minimum
- Develop with fluid, responsive design across the board
- Code and test for cross-browser/operating system compatibility
- Use problem-solving to research/plan solutions for technical/development needs as they arise, and share plans with our internal team and clients
- Monitor client websites for uptime, security and updates
- Keep up with technology/industry trends and implement them into our projects
- Working knowledge of version control software
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Understanding of database structures, workflows and relational database systems
- Understanding of web security and session management
- Basic understanding of SEO best practices
- Ability to take direction from team leaders and provide info/feedback in a simple, organized manner, across all correspondence
Interested? Hit us up and we can grab some coffee. Let's Chat